Real Talk for the Summer 2007
1. T-Pain raps better on this one track than KRS-One did for most of
Maybe it's because I'd take a good-old fashioned sex rap over some political nonsense any day, or maybe it's because T-Pain is the best Singer/Rapper/Songwriter/Producer/Entertainer this side of Prince.
2. Since that UGK album's never coming out, Curtis is still poised to be the hottest thing this summer.
Think about it. You may be afraid, but you know it's true.
3. In a summer ravaged by Hurricane Chris, why haven't enough people been talking about really fucking good Southern songs like this?
Juvenile feat. Mannie Fresh-"Who Can I Run To"
(Ex) Cash Money is running this rap shit.
4. The only track where T.I. sounded remotely non-comatose on T.I. vs. T.I.P. was that one with Nelly.
You know, that one with the wannabe Neptunes production.
5. Rappers are saving their best shit for R&B (gasp!) songs these days.
Lloyd feat. Lil Wayne, Big Boi & Chamillionaire-"Get It Shawty (Remix)"
Other examples include the remixes (take your pick) to "Last Night," Ludacris's and Huey's guest spots on Double Up and
6. If it wasn't for Slick Rick, "Hip Hop Police" would've been pretty shitty.
While we're on the subject, "Ridin'" wasn't even that great of a Chamillionaire song. Gotta love Krayzie though.
7. These days, I'm beginning to think Scott Storch can do a better Dr. Dre than Dr. Dre can.
Papoose feat. Snoop Dogg-"Bang Out" (Prod. Scott Storch)
Where you at, Dre? The answer better be 'working my ass off on making Detox the most mind blowing shit ever.'
8. Kanye West is slowly turning to shit. "Can't Tell Me Nothing?" Shit. "Stronger?" Shit. The "Can't Tell Me Nothing" and "Alter Ego" Mixtapes? Shit. His guest verse on T-Pain's "Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')" Remix featuring UGK? Shit.
The most frightening thing about this cover is how much Kanye looks like another notoriously shitty-rapper-slash-pretty-good-producer, Timbaland. And not like I need to tell you- but Shock Value? Shit.
9. Crime Mob needs to get some respect.
Brandon Soderberg's post on Crime Mob's "Circles" was on-fucking-point. Good work, bro.
10. Professor Nazty Fresh is the only nigga keeping the lights on with this blog.